Volunteering at Peppers Ranch is easy! There are a variety of ways volunteers of all ages help serve the needs of the children, families and the ranch. Volunteer hours are flexible and exist on a weekly, monthly or occasional basis. We encourage volunteer involvement based on individual interests, skill set and availability. The following are just a few ways in which you can become a positive influence in the life of a child at Peppers Ranch.
Everyone can do something to support a foster child whether through your valuable time, money or talent! At Peppers Ranch we know that your time is the most valuable thing you can give and work hard to partner you up with the program or avenue to help that is most ideal for both you and the children at Peppers Ranch.
Your kind and generous contribution (whether through time or financial) to Peppers Ranch helps provide opportunities for children to receive all of the support and resources needed to excel in life all while awaiting permanency through reunification or adoption.
Help Make a Difference
- Read to Me Program
- Community Service Days
- Tutoring program
- Take a child fishing
- Art Lessons
- Dance Lessons
- Music Lessons
- Drama Lessons
- Vocal Lessons
- Craft Lessons
Individual, Group and Community Serving Opportunities
Group events are important for building relationships within our community, and with the heart of Oklahoma. Would your family, business, or church like to host a community event for Peppers Ranch? There are many ways you can get involved in the Peppers Ranch community! We look forward to a day of fun with you!
- Form a study group to help younger kids with their school work
- Put on an information fair on how kids can be safe at home
- Tutor a student
- Make a “Welcome to Peppers” child kit (hygiene products, stuffed animal, blanket, etc)
- Organize a reading hour for children at the Peppers Ranch Library
- Peppers Ranch Barn Clean-up Day
- Peppers Ranch Flower Bed Clean-up and Flower Planting
- Plan, Create and Plant a Vegetable and Fruit Garden at Peppers Ranch
- Host a bicycle safety course for the children of Peppers Ranch
- Make emergency kits for the homes at Peppers with the children and families
- If you’re good at fixing bikes, host a “fix a bike” and “bike wash” with our kids
- Make bird feeders with the kids in our community
- Create a “Butterfly Garden” with the kids in our community
- Clothing Closet clean-out and organization in our Learning Center
- Organize the Books in our Library with our kids
- “Read to Me” Day, where you or a group reads to our kids
- Ranch Trash Pick Up Day
- Host a “Fishing Day” and “Fish Fry” with our kids from our stocked pond
- Host a “quilt square creation” day with our kids
- Host one of our “Monthly Birthday Parties” and bring a store bought cake for our party
- Host a Karaoke night for our community
- Host a “Parents Night Out” and babysit for our community for 1-3 hours
- Host a “Relay Race” or “Obstacle Course” for our community
- Host a “Movie Night” with our community! We have popcorn, candy and more fun than AMC!
- Design a game night for the children and parents of Peppers Ranch
- Design and create a “imagination play” or “dress up” bin for our community with used fancy dresses, hats, old neck ties, etc.
- Host a “Manners Class” or a “Tea Party”
- Create Military Baskets for our kids and send them to soldiers
- Construct/re-build horse arena for therapeutic riding